Good Friday
Today is GOOD Friday.
Of course, most countries around the world have today off, but not in Japan.
This country does not have any Christian origins, and with Christians accounting for only 2% of the population, it really has no reason to celebrate this day.
As of late, I found myself talking about Good Friday, and some of my friends asked me about the significance of the day. When I explained that it is commemorate Jesus' death. The next question they ask is "Why is called good then?" Indeed, it is ironic. Why would anyone call something so dreadful good? Well, simply becoz it is for us, He died so we can live, and that in essence, is good.
Last night, I had a conversation with a friend who asked why nails were given out during Good Friday service (my church here gives everyone a rock and nails during the service). She asked if it was to remind people to be good, and not sin. My answer was no. In my opinion, it is to remind us of His love, that He was willing to go through the pain and suffer eventhough He was innocent.
So, anyways, as I type this out at my desk, with few people surrounding me (phew! everyone is at meetings), I struggle to feel holy, joyful and peaceful. It's not easy to be at work, thinking about how to do a good job, how to keep a positive attitude, how to balance schedules and what not. Sure, it's easy to talk about God's love and the significance of this day and Easter Sunday, but putting words into action is much much more difficult.
Then again, I am not supposed to do this with my own strength. I need to continue to remind myself that God is with me, always and forevermore.
Here's my glimpse of God few weeks back when I was coming back from a long business trip. Pretty amazing, huh?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home