Monday, April 03, 2006

Not sexy too, but just beautiful

As some of you might be aware of, this past weekend in Tokyo, most of the cherry blossoms were in full bloom.

On Saturday, I was able to stop by Yoyogi Park where one of my friends was having a hanami, which meant cherry blossom viewing, which also meant drinking lots of beer and getting drunk with beautiful flowers around.











Today, I had to run some errands and left work earlier. And...was able to catch some sakura at the temple by where I live.







I was going to plan a hanami of my own this coming Sunday, but... with the rain and heavy wind this week, most of the sakura will be gone by then... so sad! Guess that's the beauty of sakura, it is only around for such a short time, and you just have to appreciate it while it's there. Much like life, isn't it?

Actually, last week was one of the most tiring weeks I had to go through. Had to go to 3 countries in 1 week, didn't have a good time with a friend, missed a party, and lost my wallet, with all my cash, credit cards, identity card, etc. Felt pretty frustrated and yes, tired. I could feel peace slowly slipping away from me... But I decided not to let all the drama prevent me from enjoying and treasuring what I do have. So, I dropped by the park to see the hanami and meet some friends. I also went ahead with my original plan of joining my friends at Hakone, which was really relaxing eventhough we only stayed for one night. Really thank God that I was able to find some rest. After coming back, I hung out with another friend and shared many great laughs and fun times together.

What I lost can be replaced. It may not be the same thing, but it is just as good, and sometimes even better.

2 Comments:

At 6:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is beautiful!!! this drinking party under the sakura trees might be a little culture shock for you.

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger Luser said...

Not at all! It's so much fun! One of my most fave things to do :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home